MINING INFRASTRUCTURE INVESTMENT SUPPORT PROJECT
National advisors for Environmental and Social/media
Ref No.: WB/MOF/MINIS/CS/IC/1.1.16/2016
The Government of Mongolia has received a Technical Assistance Credit from the International Development Association (The Bank), toward the cost of Mining Infrastructure Investment Support Project (MINIS). The Project Implementing Unit (PIU) announces a vacancy for the following two positions:
- - National Environmental advisor (NEA)
- - National social media advisor (NSA)
Job description and function:
- In relation to the Environmental Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) for the Orkhon River and Shuren HPP project MINIS PIU is planning to have Consultations on the ESIA ToRs for Shuren and Orkhon Hydropower Studies in Russian Federation and Mongolia in mid May 2016.
The purpose of the consultation is:
- - To ensure that the MINIS PMU and Mongolian Government are effectively supported to lead follow-up consultations, with assistance of a joint EAP-ECA World Bank task team.
- - To develop communications materials and reach potentially affected communities and local CSOs in both Russian Federation and Mongolia.
- - To explain the potential social and environmental impacts and mitigation measures of the proposed projects.
- - To receive any additional feedback from stakeholders required to verify the contents of the revised ESIA ToR prior to implementing the ESIAs.
Expected output is:
- 2 public forums with local communities and CSOs in the Republic of Buryatia, Russian Federation in local districts near the Lake Baikal wetlands (a follow-up meeting to the independent public hearings in Kabansky District, and an additional hearing in Ulan Ude if required)
- Follow-up consultations with local communities and CSOs near the potential sites of the Shuren(SelengeSoum, Bulgan Province, and its Atar and Hyalganat bag) and Orkhon studies (in Khishigondor, Bulgan Province).in Mongolia
- Translation and dissemination of persuasive communications materials that explain the requirement for the studies to be undertaken and assist in managing concerns and expectations:
- - Consultation and disclosure checklist (drafted)
- - MINIS grievance redress mechanism (drafted)
- - MINIS FAQ Sheet (drafted)
- - Shuren ESIA powerpoint summary presentation (drafted)
- - Orkhon ESIA powerpoint summary presentation (to be developed)
- - Photographic posters and maps of project development areas and regional areas of influence (to be developed)
- - Revised up-to-date ESIA ToR for Shuren and Orkhon with response matrixes for public hearings already held
- - ToR for International Advisory Committee members from Mongolia, Russian Federation and Internationals.
- Advisor will coordinate with PIU for fulfilling the immediate objective of the entire consultation plan activities from the first to the end under the guidance of the PMU director.
National Environmental advisor
National social media advisor
Have bachelor in high education;
Water and natural science (environmental) management, engineering, & ecology;
Law, Social Studies, Sociology,& Journalism
Qualified in water natural science (environmental) management, & environmental assessment and have at least 10 years working experience in public, international and non-governmental organizations, and private sector
Qualified in the social studies applicable for environmental assessment and have at least 10 years working experience in public, international, and non-governmental organizations, and private sector;
Must be able to communicate and write in Russian and English language fluently and accurately on all levels pertinent to professional needs.
- Interested eligible candidates must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the Services and are invited to submit their CVs, including education background, employment records, discretion and experience of similar assignments, previous remuneration, etc along with two reference letters and copies of diploma and certificates.
Contract will be for a period of 6 months and subject to extension based on satisfactory performance till the end of the Project. Consultants will be selected in accordance with the individual consultant selection described in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers (Version of January 2011), (World Bank website www.worldbank.org).
Interested candidates must submit their applications to the address below not later than 11 hours, April 20, 2016 (Ulaanbaatar time).
Project Implementation Unit
Mining Infrastructure Investment Support Unit Project (MINIS)
Arig center building, Suite #401, Jamyan Gun street-10, Khoroo 1,
Sukhbaatar district, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
Email: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.