In this page MINIS Project announces a new bids and activities which is receiving an application/bid/quotation.
MINING INFRASTRUCTURE INVESTMENT SUPPORT PROJECT
Ref No. WB/MOF/MINIS/CS/IC/4.1.2/2018
The Government of Mongolia (GoM) has received financing from the World Bank, toward the cost of Mining Infrastructure Investment Support Project (MINIS), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services. The Project Management Unit (PMU) announces a vacancy position for Procurement Specialist for Project Management Unit.
Job Description and Function
The Procurement Specialist (PS) will support the Project Management Unit (PMU) of the MINIS and the Government of Mongolia in the procurement of activities under MINIS during its implementation period.
The PS will work under the guidance of the PMU Director and coordinate with other staff in the implementing agencies and the World Bank Task Team. The PS will be accountable for ensuring that all procurement financed under the credit is in line with the World Bank’s procurement procedures and requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Carry out the international and local bidding processes for procurement of goods and consulting services financed under the project in accordance with the World Bank’s “Guidelines;
- Develop and update the project Procurement Plan and submitting for Government of Mongolia and the World Bank review;
- Review technical specifications and terms of reference (TORs) from the procurement point of view;
- Prepare bidding documents in accordance with the World Bank Standard Bidding Documents and obtain no-objections from the World Bank;
- Provide advice to evaluation committee members in the evaluation of the bidding documents/technical proposals in accordance with the World Bank Standard Format;
- Prepare evaluation reports and recommendations for contract awards, including obtaining the World Bank’s no-objection; and prepare and finalize Requests for Proposal packages for each consultancy requirement;
- Draft contracts for procurement of consultancy services and goods under the project in accordance with World Bank guidelines; and negotiate contracts, help settle contractual disputes;
- Report procurement status for each process to the Government of Mongolia, Project Steering Committee and PMU Director on a monthly basis or as required;
- Manage all actions related to disputes with consultants or suppliers and warranties for the goods procured;
- File and keep records of all documents for audit and World Bank post-reviews;
- Ensure implementation and compliance with the provisions of the legal agreements with the Project Implementation Manual;
- Resolve the official letters, requests and complaints received from entities and
individuals in due time; and
- Perform other tasks necessary to facilitate the effective and timely implementation of the project.
- Minimum of Bachelor degree in Business Administration, law, public administration, finance or equivalent;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the procurement field;
- Familiarity and or/ experience with international donor institutions procurement guidelines and procedure especially World Bank is preferable;
- Excellent writing and speaking skills in English and Mongolian language;
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with domestic and international stakeholders and counterparts;
- Ability to facilitate timely effectively coordinating at the local and international levels;
- Outstanding character and integrity free of all conflicts of interest and committed to the protecting the integrity of MINIS;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft office;
- Capacity to focus on priorities and ability to work under pressure.
Interested eligible candidates must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the Services and are invited to submit their CVs, including educational background, employment records, description and experience of similar assignments, previous remuneration, etc along with two reference letters and copies of diploma and certificates.
Contract will be for a period of 6 months and subject to extension based on satisfactory performance till the end of the Project i.e. September 2018. Consultants will be selected in accordance with the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans & IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers January 2011 (“Consultant Guidelines”) (World Bank website www.worldbank.org).
Interested candidates must submit their applications to the address below not later than 11:00 hours (Ulaanbaatar time) 22 October, 2018:
Project Implementation Unit
Mining Infrastructure Investment Support Project (MINIS)
Attn: L.Bat-Erdene, Contract Management Specialist
Arig Center building, Suite # 401, Jamyan Gun Street-10, Khoroo 1,
Sukhbaatar District, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
Tel: +976 7011 2689;
Fax: +976 7011 2689
Web site: www.minis.mn